[SSSD] [sssd PR#5633][opened] Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script
joakim-tjernlund
2021-05-16 17:40:21 UTC
Author: joakim-tjernlund
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script
Action: opened

PR body:
"""

"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghsssd https://github.com/SSSD/sssd
git fetch ghsssd pull/5633/head:pr5633
git checkout pr5633
sumit-bose
2021-05-18 07:39:39 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

sumit-bose commented:
"""
Hi,

thank you for the patch. I haven't tested it on Gentoo but all changes are in agreement with the SSSD init script we already have for Gentoo and having a dedicate init script for KCM makes sense. So I'm fine with the patch.

I'm waiting to see if other developers would like to comment before setting the Accepted label.

bye,
Sumit
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-842935140
alexey-tikhonov
2021-05-18 09:40:26 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

alexey-tikhonov commented:
"""
Not exclusively related to this PR, but rather a question in general: do we really want to keep (and extend) any distribution specific stuff in upstream repo? (Besides some stuff for Fedora that can be considered as examples.)

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-843020090
joakim-tjernlund
2021-05-18 10:30:57 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

joakim-tjernlund commented:
"""
Post by alexey-tikhonov
Not exclusively related to this PR, but rather a question in general: do we really want to keep (and extend) any distribution specific stuff in upstream repo? (Besides some stuff for Fedora that can be considered as examples.)
Since there are paths in these scripts that need to be changed I think it makes sense to have them here. Lots of other apps does have such scripts as well.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-843054506
sumit-bose
2021-05-19 07:03:54 UTC

Post by alexey-tikhonov
Not exclusively related to this PR, but rather a question in general: do we really want to keep (and extend) any distribution specific stuff in upstream repo? (Besides some stuff for Fedora that can be considered as examples.)
Hi,

in the given case I do not see it as 'distribution specific' but more as 'init system specific'. We currently have the classical init script (a script for sssd-kcm is missing here), systemd socket and service files and OpenRC, which is currently hardcoded to Gentoo. But if there are other distributions using OpenRC this would be useful for them as well after some fixes for configure to detect this platform as well.

bye,
Sumit
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-843806610
alexey-tikhonov
2021-05-19 07:24:04 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

alexey-tikhonov commented:
"""
Ok, I see. Thanks for the explanations.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-843821207
joakim-tjernlund
2021-05-19 17:21:29 UTC
Author: joakim-tjernlund
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script
Action: synchronized

git checkout pr5633
joakim-tjernlund
2021-05-19 17:22:52 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

joakim-tjernlund commented:
"""
Added missing pre start cmd to generate kcm config
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-844310812
joakim-tjernlund

git checkout pr5633
joakim-tjernlund
2021-05-19 17:54:05 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

joakim-tjernlund commented:
"""
I am done now, please merge.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-844334755
sumit-bose
2021-06-03 10:32:10 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

Label: +Accepted
sumit-bose
2021-06-03 10:32:47 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

sumit-bose commented:
"""
Hi,

thanks, since there are no further comments, ACK.

bye,
Sumit
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-853768347
pbrezina
2021-06-04 07:09:38 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

Label: +Ready to push
pbrezina
2021-06-04 07:10:31 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

pbrezina commented:
"""
Pushed PR: https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633

* `master`
* 597a6c2a7f1135fbe3127514de4de2b2a31291a6 - Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5633#issuecomment-854422052
pbrezina
2021-06-04 07:10:34 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

Label: -Accepted
pbrezina
2021-06-04 07:10:37 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

Label: -Ready to push
pbrezina
2021-06-04 07:10:40 UTC
Title: #5633: Gentoo/openrc: Add sssd-kcm service script

Label: +Pushed