[SSSD] [sssd PR#5495][comment] Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)
ikerexxe
2021-03-30 14:05:57 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

ikerexxe commented:
"""
By the way, do you mind changing your commit messages? Something in the following format would be nice:
`configure: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf`
`Resolves: https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/issues/5336`
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495#issuecomment-810284993
mtorromeo
2021-03-31 11:32:19 UTC
Author: mtorromeo
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)
Action: synchronized

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghsssd https://github.com/SSSD/sssd
git fetch ghsssd pull/5495/head:pr5495
git checkout pr5495
mtorromeo
2021-03-31 11:35:47 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

mtorromeo commented:
"""
I think it's a step forward. Can you provide more information about the workaround? From what I gather it's something related with `AC_PROG_CPP` macro. Maybe you could provide a link to the patch.
This is the one-liner I'm using: `sed '/AM_PROG_CC_C_O/ i AC_PROG_CPP' -i configure.ac`
As said before this is a step forward, so yes I'm willing to merge it.
Alright, I updated the MR with the requested changes.

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495#issuecomment-810995224
mtorromeo

git checkout pr5495
mtorromeo
2021-03-31 08:17:12 UTC

Post by ikerexxe
`configure: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf`
`Resolves: https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/issues/5336`
I can change the message but, as mentioned above, this MR does not really fix issue #5536. It's just a small part of what would need to be changed and I ended up using a workaround to bypass that issue.

I don't even know if you might still want to merge this as-is.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495#issuecomment-810873897
ikerexxe

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495#issuecomment-810965898
kloczek
2021-04-06 08:52:10 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

kloczek commented:
"""
Why not drastically simplify whole python detection using pkgconfig and skip all headers checks?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495#issuecomment-813950517
ikerexxe
2021-04-08 07:26:31 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

Label: +Accepted
pbrezina
2021-04-08 09:15:36 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

Label: +Ready to push
pbrezina
2021-04-08 09:46:56 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

pbrezina commented:
"""
Pushed PR: https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495

* `master`
* cd843dafe63589d0a77145445c454f6fc19dabae - configure: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf Resolves: https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/issues/5336

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/5495#issuecomment-815620266
pbrezina
2021-04-08 09:47:04 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

Label: +Pushed
pbrezina
2021-04-08 09:47:05 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

Label: -Accepted
pbrezina
2021-04-08 09:47:07 UTC
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)

Label: -Ready to push
pbrezina
2021-04-08 09:47:11 UTC
Author: mtorromeo
Title: #5495: Fix python headers detection with recent autoconf (Fixes #5336)
Action: closed